– Oh! (Stevie whimpers) Oh my God.
– Mm. – Oh my God. (upbeat rock music) – Welcome to Food Fears where I make something
you hate taste great. You might recognize my guest from the local Souplantation line. It’s Stevie Wynne Levine. – I don’t wanna be here, I’m so sorry. But I love you. I just hate what you’re about to do to me. – You don’t even know
what you’re eating today so I think your fears
are really unfounded. (whimpers) – That’s all I can produce right now. I can’t produce words. – It’s good to know that I’ve
already just inspired fear and complete loathing in you. Anyways, you are familiar with the female anatomy being a woman. (Stevie sputters, laughs)
Of course. And as a feminist, I believe that representation matters which is why today we’re eating uterus. – Oh my God. – It’s not scary, it’s
beautiful, it’s a miracle. That’s where babies come from
or maybe pee, I don’t know. – What?
– What? – Oh my God, Josh. I have got to leave. – Looks are not everything in food. It could taste great. You haven’t even experienced it yet– – Why does it even look like this? – And that’s what this
whole experience is about is being open-minded. – Oh my God.
– So we do have to try the product first so I can
kind of get your flavor notes and what you don’t like
about it so I can try and create a dish that you will 100% love. (grunts) – I can’t look at you. Okay, here’s, I have a caveat.
– Okay. – It is actually Saturday
morning right now. What I usually would be
doing is drinking at brunch but the part that we’re
missing is the part I brought which is the tequila. – Wow, you just had that ready to go. – Yeah.
– I normally just swig that behind the dumpster out back at work so this is actually really
nice to drink out of a cup. – I’m shaking. In real life, I will
eat just about anything. It doesn’t usually look like this and it’s never been uterus before. Oh God. – First time for everything. That’s a good sign.
– Is this cut in a way that–
– Yeah so it’s in two parts so I’m gonna–
– Oh my God! – Eat it with you as is customary and so if you just wanna grab this. – Oh my God. – You have to really get
a feel for it to also– – Oh!
– Yeah it’s cold and sopping wet, that’s how
you have to eat it, it’s– – Touching it makes it so much worse. – And on this show we always like to gingerly touch our tips–
– Oh my God, my tip–
– So we’re gonna go ahead and tip and dip it. – Oh! (whimpers)
Oh my God. Oh my God. – Do you like it? – No. No.
– But is it the texture, the taste?
– Oh my God. Oh my God.
– I mean I cooked this myself. It’s just boiled but it should
have a kind of purity to it. – Oh my God.
– So what it is about that you’d like this changed. Oh you’re just going to the tequila now. Okay God, I still have uterus in my mouth. – [Stevie] Oh. My.
– I swallowed a lot of that uterus whole. – Okay I did it.
– Well you got it down. You didn’t throw up. – Look at the freaking
cross-section situation. That is not okay, look
at my bite mark though. Good bite mark.
– That’s impressive. – The texture is so terrible. It is like rubbery sponge.
– Mm-hmm. – And the taste is super bland but then there’s like
a hint of like nuh-uh. Basically what I’m saying is
I hate everything about it. – Wow, strong words from a strong leader. – Thank you. – So I need you to give me about an hour and you’re gonna come
back and I guarantee you, I am guaranteeing victory on this one. I’ve never done that before,
this is just for you. I’m guaranteeing victory, you’re
gonna love the final dish. You can even have the rest of– – Well we still have this
much tequila left so. You know what, I’ll see you in an hour. – It can only help. (down-tempo music) Male sex organs are a
dime a dozen around here. I mean we eat so many
penises and testicles and I think representation
is really important so I’m really excited to cook with a female sex organ this time. So first thing’s first, we
gotta make our waffle fries. People don’t typically
make waffle fries at home because a lot of people
don’t know how they’re made. All you need is a crinkle cutter mandolin and you take the potato and
you run it across one way, rotate it 90 degrees, run
it across the other way, then you’ll see that
beautiful windowpane texture. Now we gotta make our beer
batter for the french fries. Gonna dump in some flour, a little bit of Creole spice in there, and then we have beer that goes in. Just whisk that up. And final step is a shot of vodka. The vodka’s gonna make
it super light and airy. Take the fry, you dip it in the batter, you swish it around and then
to get the holes, you go– (blowing air) Is it super gross that you’re
just blowing on your food? Of course. Then you just wait about
three or four minutes and it should be nice and
light and crispy and airy. There’s really no wrong
way to cook a uterus. It does have a funky smell to it though and so if you put it in an
Instapot that has lid on it, it’ll at least stop that
so that’s what I’m doing. (water splashes) I don’t wanna shy away from the uterus. I want to embrace the uterus
and use it as many ways as possible so I’m taking off the membrane and actually frying that
into uterus cracklins which I’m then gonna dust
in Tajin, a chili lime salt. There is one element of
uterus that’s pretty pleasant. It has this nice cartilaginous snap to it. The texture’s almost
crunchy like a pig ear. To preserve the texture of the uterus, I’m gonna take nice, big rustic chunks and add that to a chili. We’re gonna start with
some fresh pork lard. All right and then you take
all those uterus chunks and you just throw
those right in the lard. (uterus chunks sizzle) Don’t wanna miss any uterus. Then right when the uterus goes in, you wanna add your spices so
we have ancho chili powder, we got some cascabel chili
powder, we got some cumin, and then we’ll get salt in there too. So when you add the spices,
it’s gonna toast in the fat. Once all your spices are nice and toasted and the uterus is really coated, you’re gonna add in your
onion, some poblano chiles, and garlic. And garlic, and garlic. And then you’re just gonna stir that up, let it saute for a couple minutes, really get that veg softened. So now that the spices are all toasted, we have to de-glaze the pan. We’re using a canned michelada because it has super awesome acid and the Worcestershire sauce in it. So we’re just gonna pour that in. Then after all the alcohol’s cooked out and it started to reduce a little bit, you’re gonna take chicken stock, some crushes tomato, and just a little bit of
hot sauce to that acid, and then you’re just
gonna let that cook down for about 45 minutes. Also you may notice there’s
an omission in this chili. We’re not putting any beans in it. I really want the uterus to shine, and beans in chili is just
super gross, like who does that? Ugh. Food Fears. Food Fears. Food Fears. Food Fears! The finished dish starts a huge base of your beer battered waffle fries. Pour that chili right on
top, that is gorgeous. Then you’re gonna top
that with just some simple shredded medium yellow cheese. Awesome, then this is gonna go in the oven for about five minutes just to melt it. You don’t really want any browning on it. Once it’s all melty, top
it with pickled red onions, a little bit of smoked paprika crema and then it’s gonna get
finished very dramatically with the uterus cracklins. (suspenseful music) (funky electronic music) All right so Stevie, you’re back, you’ve been drinking behind the
dumpster, I’ve been cooking. How was it, did you meet Gerald? – I did. He and I really bonded over
our love for half bottles of tequila and then
empty bottles of tequila. – Yeah, I hate Gerald. Anyways, so are you ready for the reveal? – I am.
– Are you hungry? – No. – Perfect ’cause we’re doing it anyways. I present to you uterus chili cheese fries with uterus membrane cracklins and a little bit of smoked paprika crema. – Wow, Josh, this is so beautiful. – Thank you, so we made
some waffle cut fries, simple uterus chili with a little bit of michelada thrown in there. – Simply uterus chili. TM. – But please dig in, you first. – This is uterus?
– This is uterus membrane that we fried into kind of a chicharron and then uterus is all
throughout the chili so if you see these little bits here. – Yeah.
– This is nice chopped uterus. We just cooked it for about an hour. – And pickled onions? – And pickled onions. I’m gonna go in with my hands. – Yeah this is a hand, I
feel like it’s a hand dish. I wanna get as much uterus as possible. – You should, definitely
get some cracklins on there. They’re my personal favorite. – Do people eat uterus on a regular basis? Is there a cuisine in
which uterus is a thing? – It’s not super popular. From what I understand there
are some parts of China where it’s kinda considered
like a drunk food, which really works out in your favor. (laughs)
You and Gerald. And so but it’s really
not a very common thing. – Well I’m glad we’re doing it. – Possibly for a reason.
– Yeah. Okay.
– All right tip it and dip it, we’re saying
that now, it’s a thing. – Okay. (tense music) It’s all over my face. And all over my lips. – Call it uterus mouth. It’s an industry term. Hmm. Okay.
– Not bad. I think it may be the chili. The chili’s very strong.
– Mm-hmm. – Let me get this other
big chunk of uterus. – [Josh] Yeah. Yeah try and isolate the uterus. See if you actually like that texture. (upbeat music) – It’s much better with everything else, I gotta say.
– Yes. – Ooh, ooh. I’m getting a nuh-uh taste. – Mm-hmm.
– Ope. (laughs)
But I got it down. That’s where the chili
really comes in handy. (chuckling) It’s not bad though.
– Okay. – Like if you need protein and there’s literally nothing
else in the entire universe, then uterus. – Again, I have low self-esteem
so that’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever said to me and
that’s a huge compliment. – I wonder if there is protein in uterus. – There’s gotta be.
– Sure. – This is just like a protein shake. – I’m not gonna eat this last bite. – You don’t have to. Thank you so much for watching
and come back next week when I wage war on the fartiest fruit of them all, the durian. And let me know in the comments what food scares you the most.